Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist will work under the close direction and supervision of the Senior Accountant of Accounts Payable. Possesses moderate understanding of general aspects of the job and is responsible for the general day-to-day input for the Accounts Payable Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
· Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions, and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment of miscellaneous invoices.
· Codes invoices with account numbers according to the distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keypunches invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
· Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
· On a weekly basis, reviews open invoices to determine invoices to schedule for payment and special check requests, prints approved checks, prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 0-3 years’ experience or education in accounting or related field
· Self -Starter with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
· Understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$49,999, Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: General Ledger Accountant, Finance