Department: Workforce Development Department (WDD)
Reports to: Associate Director of Youth Workforce Development
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Youth Workforce Development, the South Los Angeles YouthBuild (SLAYB) Program Manager will be a part of an innovative team of service providers and educational experts that will work collectively to operate innovative Workforce Development programs for young people in the South Los Angeles neighborhood that face the greatest barriers to finding employment. The SLAYB Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily functions of the educational, training, counseling, leadership development, and graduate components of South Los Angeles YouthBuild program. They will provide supervision and support to the South Los Angeles YouthBuild staff and coordinate/facilitate program cohesiveness and collaboration amongst CRCD, LATTC, YCSC and other key partners. The SLAYB Program Manager will also be responsible for facilitating relationships and program oversight of AmeriCorps. The YouthBuild Manager should spend 50% of time providing program oversight, which includes staff and performance management, partner management, and program compliance and implementation. 40% of the manager time will be spent on administrative responsibilities which includes program evaluation, data reporting and management, and policies/procedures. The final 10% of manager time will be used for staff supervision, staff development, coaching, and guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and manage internal program operations, included but not limited to monitoring daily functioning of operations, review attendance and payroll records.
- Develop systems to improve program operations, coordination, and collaboration among CRCD and partner agencies including the Department of Probation, Department of Children and Family Services.
- Participate in system of collaboration and facilitate relationships and access with
Probation Department, Probation Camps and other judicial systems in hopes of getting direct referrals of South Los Angeles young adults and engage them in our programs.
- Develop systems to improve program operations, coordination and collaboration among CRCD, LATTC, and other key partner’s staff/team.
- Work collaboratively with LATTC team (trainers, curriculum coordinator, program technician, and teachers) and CRCD team (case managers, coordinator, director, and project manager) to implement comprehensive program for program participants.
- Be the CRCD’s lead liaison to Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC), the YouthBuild Charter School of California, and other education partners.
- Work collaboratively with CRCD’s Housing & Support Services Department, CRCD Enterprises and any other partner to plan and coordinate the construction worksite training.
- Oversee and coach interns and other staff responsible for providing direct support to youth in the program.
- Oversee and support the creation of a Youth Policy Council and an Alumni/ Graduate Program.
- Build relationships with local employers, including construction trade unions, and stay informed of pre-requisites for union apprenticeships and other employment opportunities.
- Build relationships with community-based organizations & government agencies to promote collaboration, solve problems, and identify resources for youth.
- Collaborate and confer with other CRCD staff as appropriate to coordinate services and implement programs.
- Meet weekly with team members and partners (or as required) to plan activities, strategize on service delivery for members, and other activities identified by the network.
- 5 years’ experience or related work and/or BA Degree, MA preferred with at least 2-3 years supervisorial experience
- Experience managing YouthBuild, AmeriCorps and/or Department of Labor Grants
- Familiarity with Out-of-School Transition Age Youth population is a plus
- Knowledge of database management and quality control process
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, who has a good work ethic, and an ability to set and maintain personal boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Must display the ability to facilitate small and large groups
- Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law, as appropriate
- Proficient in reading and writing
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)