LACP Works Career Coach
Under the direction of the VCN YouthSource Manager, the LACP Works Career Coach will be part of an innovative team of service providers and educational experts that will work collectively to create/run an innovative program for college students that face the greatest barriers to finding employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contact, receive, and review LACP student referrals from LACP Success Coaches and College Counselors.
· Collaborate with LACP Success Coaches for student career planning.
· Conduct program orientation and intake assessments for incoming youth that will be on the LACP Works Career Coach caseload.
· Provide employment services to a minimum of 120 students annually.
· Facilitate individual employment readiness assessments for students interested in receiving services.
· Associates degree and at least 2 to 3 years of career development, college advising, recruiting or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Current California driver license with a clean driving record
· Knowledge and skill in case management with emphasis on job placement
· Understanding and experience of implementing work readiness training curriculum
SALARY: $43,680-$50,000 non-exempt
REPORTS TO: VCN YouthSource Center Manager, Workforce Development Department