Rental Assistance Supervisor
Department: Workforce Development
Reports to: Youth & Education Manger
Under the management of the Youth and Education Manager, the Rental Assistance Supervisor will strengthen housing stability in preventing homelessness for the Project Tipping Point (PTP) students. The Rental Assistance Supervisor will work with the Housing and Supportive Services Department to address the housing needs of our foster youth population and connect students to housing resources that are appropriate while fulfilling their needs by providing high-touch case management services, to accessing supportive service resources including housing, rental assistance and childcare.
- Responsible for working with PTP students to effectively assist in housing support, supportive service support, referrals, and Workforce Development services.
- Assist in securing personal documentation to support with accessing supportive services.
- Provide high-touch case management and housing stabilization services that address the needs and goals of their IAP, including but not limited to housing support, childcare, mental/physical health services, social service benefits, and legal services.
- Build on existing relationship between CRCD, DCFS, and other supporting agencies that strengthen outcomes in housing and social service linkage.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with landlords and
- 1-2 years’ work-related experience or a bachelor’s degree; or an associate degree and 2 or more years’ experience providing housing-based support services to at- risk youth facing multiple barriers to housing stability.
- Experience working with youth experiencing homelessness and housing instability, and/or have had experience in foster care, probation, mental health systems.
- Experience working with foster youth.
- Familiarity with DCFS, DPSS, financial aid, housing resources is a plus.