Alumni Engagement Specialist
Department: Workforce Development
Reports to: Youth & Education Manager
Under the direction of the Youth & Education Manager, the Alumni Engagement Specialist will support a growing alumni engagement team to coordinate and deliver support services to current and former foster youth facing the greatest barriers to accessing and retaining safe and stable education services, employment opportunities, and housing. The Alumni Engagement Specialist will lead, develop, and supervise program alumni services through CRCD’s post-program support services and engagement activities. The Alumni Engagement Specialist will partner closely with CRCD’s workforce development department education and employment team members to increase and strengthen support services resources in South LA. The Alumni Engagement Specialist will report directly to the Youth & Education Manager to deliver the highest quality of workforce development and education services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include collaborating with the Alumni Engagement Coordinator, Associate Director, Director, and other members of the program team to implement and improve our comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that supports our alumni from high school through post-secondary education, and on to careers with family sustaining income levels. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement work plans and support the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure successful program delivery and contract performance.
- Support and coordinate strategic priorities and goals established in CRCD’s 5-year strategic plan.
- Provide alumni participants with personalized guidance, pertinent career and college information, and reminders about program events.
- Develop alumni engagement workshops based on educational trends, individual alumni need, and recommendations pulled from participant surveys to best meet their needs
- Working with business partners, employer partners, education institutions, and volunteers to provide interactive career-readiness opportunities for alumni to build their skills, explore career opportunities, and strengthen their professional networks.
- Ensuring alumni programs operate in compliance with funding sources so that intended results are achieved
- Develop an alumni program model and implementation strategy that can be replicated for opportunity youth, in addition to foster youth.
- Ongoing program development and innovation using a comprehensive approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career-readiness and exploration, and college guidance.
- Meeting quantitative program growth goals
- Provide one-on-one case management support and resources to alumni participants.
- Uphold CRCD’s Mission/Vision and 5 Year Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in education, youth services, human services, or related field. 5+ years of work experience, manager level experience, and education or workforce experience can be used to substitute the education requirement. An extensive reference check will be required in this scenario.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity: a strong role model for youth
- Experience developing one-on-one relationships with youth of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- An ability to network and build alliances.
- Willingness to travel to schools, business, and partner organizations in South Los Angeles and the LA region.
- Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law as appropriate.
- Must display the ability to facilitate small and large groups
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to work on weekends.