Alumni Engagement Specialist
Department: Business Source Center (BSC)
Reports to: Program Manager (BSC)
A Business Specialist provides specific business advising and technical assistance to microenterprise and small business owners and/or businesses in all facets of starting, managing and growing a small business. The Business Specialist will provide specific small businesses expert advice, analysis and solutions that will enable existing businesses to sustain and expand. Their duties include advising on financial matters and identifying areas for growth within a company increasing productivity and profitability, improving on marketing strategy, and performing risk analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide one-on-one individualized business advising and technical assistance to microenterprise and small business owners and/or businesses; identify business needs and provide best practices to assist with stabilizing, recovering, and rebuilding their business.
- Manage the execution of the work plan to support businesses by analyzing the specific business and industry data in finance, marketing, management, and operations, supporting the development of business plans and financial packages, calculating, and interpreting financial statements; troubleshooting to identify problems and areas for improvement, operations management, and legal structures.
- Perform outreach to businesses, provide support, refer them to available resources and serve as business community advocate for recovery help.
- Identify other technical assistance providers that support the growth of small business and utilize those services as appropriate for client success.
- Assist with organizing and promoting high quality collaborative business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community.
- Maintain accurate, complete, timely and confidential client files in Salesforce database for review and reporting
- Obtain feedback from clients regarding services provided, including satisfaction, impacts and success.
- Support activities to ensure the center meets or exceeds annual goals and milestones and operates in compliance with program and network policies and procedures.
- Ensure all clients served have completed the client registration process and track all client sessions with detailed notes of services provided and advice given.
- Maintain detailed tracking of economic impact for businesses served.
- Client needs may require some evening or weekend appointments in person or by phone or e-mail or travel from the BSC location to a client’s business location in the region.
- Be available to attend community outreach and engagement events outside of traditional work schedules.
- Participate in all CRCD staff events, planning events and retreats as needed.
- Uphold CRCD’s Mission/Vision and 5 Year Strategic Plan.
- 2 years of relevant work experience providing consulting, advising, coaching and technical assistance to micro and small businesses and organizations affiliated with entrepreneurial programs, small business programs, and/or economi development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (B.A.) or related field marketing, finance, and management from a four-year college or university
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, including written skills, public speaking, active listening, attention to detail, creative problem solving, and the ability to handle difficult people.
- Possess the ability to prioritize, organize, coordinate, and complete complex tasks using independent judgment, accuracy, and speed.
- Consultation/Advising Skills – ability to effectively analyze, interpret, and coach clients from various industries on multi-faceted business concepts to a positive outcome that directs their path to success. Must be able to help clients with all facets of the business planning process.
- Presentation/Facilitation Skills – ability to present, facilitate and lead small and large groups
- Technical Capability – strong proficiency in fundamental office and computer equipment as well as software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, CRM platforms, cloud-based software applications, and data tracking systems and tools (e.g., MIS)
- Adaptability – ability to modify actions, direction or approach to changing situations and expectations in a respectful and professional manner
- Teamwork Oriented – ability to effectively align within a collaborative effort to achieve common goals and outcomes and work for the good of the team.
- Personal Effectiveness/Time Management – ability to strategically utilize time and resources to manage priorities, timelines, deadlines, and details under pressure, with accuracy, and to a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and client satisfaction,
- Business Insight – keen ability to analyze, understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a positive outcome.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources & services.
- Must have the ability to travel with access to reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law.