CRCD Academy Program Manager
Department: Workforce Development Department (WDD)
Reports to: Associate Director of Youth Workforce
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Youth Workforce, the CRCD Academy Program Manager is part of an innovative team of service providers and educational experts that will work collectively to operate the Workforce Development Department. The CRCD Academy Program Manager will be responsible for the management and dayto-day operation of CRCD Academy, CRCD’s flagship charter high school designed to re-engage out-of-school youth, 16-24, in partnership with YouthBuild Charter School of California (YCSC) and Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC). The CRCD Academy Program Manager will serve as the lead and liaison for all CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partner staff that provide academic, workforce development and postsecondary programming and support at CRCD Academy. The CRCD Academy Program Manager will also be responsible for maintaining compliance with all health and safety requirements outlined by the California Department of Education as well as promoting a positive and safe school culture in which students can thrive academically.
The CRCD Academy Program Manager will spend 50% of time managing the day-to-day operations of CRCD Academy, 25% of the Manager’s time will be spent coordinating programing with CRCD workforce development programs, YCSC staff, LATTC and other partners 15% of the Manager time will be spent in Youth Development Department and other planning meetings and the final 10% of the Manager’s time will be spent on data driven performance analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan the delivery of all CRCD Academy activities in accordance with the mission, goals, and 5- Year Strategic Plan of CRCD.
- Serve as the lead and liaison for all CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partner staff that provide programming, support, and resources to CRCD Academy.
- Plan collaboratively with CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partner staff to implement high quality academic, workforce development and post-secondary programming for CRCD Academy students.
- Work collaboratively with the Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator, YCSC and other key recruitment partners to meet annual enrollment goal.
- Communicate on a consistent basis, through daily staff check-ins, weekly team meetings and partner meetings, with all relevant implementation and support staff from CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partners.
- Provide feedback to on-site YCSC staff and assigned YCSC Principal through identified evaluation and shared supervision processes.
- Develop and implement, in a fair and consistent manner, effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, that are in alignment with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school site and restorative/transformative justice philosophy.
- Implement safety, emergency and disaster policies and plan for bi-annual drills that reflect these policies.
- Oversee the enrollment of South LA YB members into both YCSC and LATTC.
- Ensure that Program activities operate within the policies & procedures of CRCD.
- Ensure that Program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Facilitate regular Youth Policy Council and “family meetings” for CRCD Academy students.
- Coordinate the delivery of a bi-annual Community Action Project with CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partner staff.
- Support the development of community and interdisciplinary connections in curriculum with YCSC teaching staff.
- Collaborate with other YDD Managers and Directors to ensure the effective delivery of workforce development, post-secondary, and leadership elements from our South LA YB, VCN YouthSource, SYEP, JLAG and LA CAT programs.
- Collaborate with LATTC to plan and implement dual enrollment and concurrent enrollment courses for CRCD Academy students.
- Ensure that the Programs operate within the approved budget.
- Monitor average daily attendance, retention and academic progress and provide regular reports to the YDD Leadership Team. CRCD Academy Program Manager Job Description CRCD Academy Program Manager Job Description| Revised 1.27.2022 Page 4 | 5
- Work with all CRCD, YCSC, LATTC and partner support staff to enhance services, reduce absenteeism and increase retention at CRCD Academy.
- Work collaboratively with designated CRCD, YCSC and partner staff to further the establishment of A-G curriculum at CRCD Academy.
- Lead the coordination of service-learning trips, industry tours, college visits, Graduation Ceremony, Senior trip and other events.
- Participate in regularly scheduled YDD Leadership Team meetings, YDD Team Meetings, partner meetings and funder meetings as needed.
- Follow CRCD/LATTC procedures regarding recordkeeping, documentation, confidentiality, and the maintenance of student files.
- 2-3 years’ experience in related field of work and BA Degree
- Familiarity with the homeless, foster and justice-involved population is a plus
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, who has a good work ethic, and an ability to set and maintain personal boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law, as appropriate
- Member of the target population a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- On occasion walk or drive to different local sites throughout the day
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and occasionally lift or carry up to 35 lbs.
- Combination of field and office environment
- May necessitate working in busy and loud environments
- May be exposed to elements like cold, heat, dust, noise, and odor
- May participate in training and staff development that requires local and out of state travel
- Work regularly in a community that is exposed to gang activity, substance use, homelessness, and high unemployment rates.
- Must be available for emergency crisis situations with the ability to respond after work hours as needed for emergencies.
- This is not a work-from-home position
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Encompass a “do whatever it takes approach” to serving our community
- Always maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality.
- Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues.
- Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines.
- Maintain professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency.
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others.
- Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration.
- Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication.
- Regular and prompt attendance in the office is required
- Work with limited to minimum supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor and or executive team.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Benefits: CRCD is in the top 10% for excellent employee benefits for non-profit organizations. CRCD offers 80% employee paid and 60% dependent paid medical
- 401(k) with eligibility to participate from day one and up to 6% matching after one year
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short term & Long-term Disability, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity
- Whole Life Insurance, College Funding Plans/529 Savings Plan from Principal
- Pet insurance, Legal/ID Theft
- Generous work/life balance
Those interested in this position may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please make sure to include the job title & how you heard of this position in the subject of your email.