Department: Workforce Development Department (WDD)
Reports to: Business & Employment Manager
Under the direction of the Business & Employment Manager, the Financial Coach provides direct services too low to moderate-income individuals who are enrolled as Financial Opportunity Center participants. The Financial Coach is also responsible for assisting clients in developing plans of action that are intended to help the client reach their goals and achieve financial stability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build strong client relationships based on trust with existing and new participants by meeting face to face and/or virtually to provide the best possible financial counsel.
• Obtain, safeguard, and process customer sensitive account information during intake when opening financial accounts, when establishing or repairing credit.
• Provide consultative services to participants with resources to improve financial status, recommend financial solutions based on each customer’s unique needs.
• Contribute to departmental goals by processing requests with a sense of urgency.
• Conduct outside prospecting and sales to meet and exceed departmental enrollment goals.
• Confidence in educating clients on conducting banking transactions online such as but not limited to opening bank accounts, assisting with mobile deposits, setting up direct deposit, and assist with credit card balance transfers.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Finance or related work experience and BA Degree
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, who has a good work ethic, and an ability to set and maintain personal boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Proficient in data entry, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Dedicated experience in working with vulnerable populations highly desirable
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law, as appropriate.
- Member of the target population a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/English highly desirable