Department: Business Source Center (BSC)
Reports to: Program Manager (BSC)
A Business Specialist provides specific business advising and technical assistance to microenterprise and small business owners and/or businesses in all facets of starting, managing and growing a small business. The Business Specialist will provide specific small businesses expert advice, analysis and solutions that will enable existing businesses to sustain and expand. Their duties include advising on financial matters and identifying
areas for growth within a company increasing productivity and profitability, improving
on marketing strategy, and performing risk analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Build strong client relationships based on trust with existing and new participants by meeting face to face and/or virtually to provide the best possible financial counsel.
Obtain, safeguard, and process customer sensitive account information during intake when opening financial accounts, when establishing or repairing credit.
Provide consultative services to participants with resources to improve financial status, recommend financial solutions based on each customer’s unique needs.
Contribute to departmental goals by processing requests with a sense of urgency.
Actively deepen existing customer relationships through routine calling activity, emailing, texting, and setting in-person or virtual appointments.
Conduct outside prospecting and sales to meet and exceed departmental enrollment goals.
Confidence in educating clients on conducting banking transactions online such as but not limited to opening bank accounts, assisting with mobile deposits, setting up direct deposit, and assist with credit card balance transfers.
Identify fraudulent activity to prevent potential loss to all participants and assist in the mediation process by drafting dispute letters.
Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new processes and technology.
Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment which includes a documented budget, appraisal of assets, a credit report, and financial well-being assessment.
Develop plans of action, provide tools and resources while tracking progress to help the participants meet goals.
Enter/maintain client outcomes in Salesforce in a timely and accurate manner.
Develop, conduct, and maintain outreach and education workshops which include materials. Tailor existing materials to meet needs of the community.
Conduct weekly financial workshop on topics such as budgeting, savings, banking, credit building, and identity theft.
- Uphold CRCD’s Mission Statement and 5 Year Strategic Plan.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Finance or related work experience and BA Degree
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, who has a good work ethic, and an ability to set and maintain personal boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Proficient in data entry, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Dedicated experience in working with vulnerable populations highly desirable
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law, as appropriate.
- Member of the target population a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/English highly desirable