Department: Housing & Support Services
Reports to: Associate Director of Housing & Support Services
Under the direction of the Ruth’s Place Manager, the Housing Navigator will provide housing location, navigation, and stabilization services to homeless transition age youth (18-24 years old) who have been identified through the Coordinated Entry System for Youth (CESY). They will be responsible for assessing needs and connecting youth to housing that is appropriate for their needs. This may include (but not be limited to) crisis/bridge housing, permanent supportive housing, shared housing, or general affordable housing. The Housing Navigator will interface with landlords, accompany youth to housing appointments, and assist youth throughout the entire housing search and move-in process. Once the young person is in housing, the Navigator will assist them in developing an individualized action plan, with a focus on housing stability, and will connect youth to community-based services to meet their ongoing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1-2 years’ experience or related work and a Bachelors-level Degree; or anAssociates-level Degree and 5 or more years’ experience providing housing-based support services to young people facing multiple barriers to housingstability.
Experience working with youth experiencing homelessness and housinginstability, and/or have had experience in foster care, probation, mental healthsystems.
Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, whohas a good work ethic, and an ability to set and maintain personal boundaries.
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to meetdeadlines.
Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required bylaw, as appropriate.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1-2 years of experience or related work and BA Degree
- Experience working with youth experiencing homelessness and housing instability, and/or experience in foster care, probation, mental health systems.
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, who has a good work ethic, and the ability to set and maintain personal boundaries.
- Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law,as appropriate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite required