The Job Connector will offer workforce development support services and resources to recently housed individuals through CRCD’s Vernon-Central/LATTC WorkSource Center. The Job Connector will assist up to 25 individuals, who self-identify as ready to pursue employment, education, or training. The Job Connector, working closely with a homeless services case manager, will assist with matching clients to jobs available through the Vernon-Central/LATTC WorkSource Center. The Job Connector will help to ensure clients have the supportive services needed to apply and retain employment and will report back on the status of the client for up to one year. The Job Connector will also provide the client with a warm introduction to an education or training program at Vernon-Central/LATTC WorkSource Center. In coordination with CRCD’s Associate Director of Adult Workforce Development, the Job Connector will additionally report, receive daily and/or weekly operational instructions from the Inside Safe Program Manager assigned to the Mayor’s Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage and promote partnership working. Liaise with a range of statutory, voluntary, and public, private, and community-based agencies to improve participants’ access to services and maximize their options for employment, education, and training opportunities for program participants.
- Work in partnership to identify potential participants who self-identify that they are ready to work. Build and maintain effective working relationships with appropriate referral agencies to identify areas of need and people facing barriers to work, learning or volunteering.
- Establish needs of each individual participant. Conduct confidential, one to one interviews offering information and/or guidance, as appropriate, on the range of work and learning opportunities available locally.
- Enable participants to develop the opportunity to exercise individual choice and the pursuit of their own options for work and learning and support them in these choices.
- Assist participants to access and attend appropriate work and/or learning opportunities and relevant community activities.
- (Co)Facilitate weekly to monthly case conferencing for participant caseload amongst WDD staff team and key partners to ensure adequate service delivery and progress towards all positive outcomes
- Document monthly case notes to track participant progress, service activities, and support service needs.
- Work collaboratively to use a range of resources to help participants identify their skills, including project and online assessment tools.
- Understand and follow the Integrated Service Delivery model, and collaborate with WDD staff to ensure coordinated services and the smooth transition of participants from skills development and training to employment services through follow-up
- Work with all other service delivery staff within WDD, management, other CRCD departments, and partners
- As appropriate, offer intensive support where individual need(s) has been established
- Recognize and work appropriately within challenging situations.
- Attend and participate in mandatory CRCD organization-wide staff meetings including event preparation and day of event implementation.
- Participate in all WDD staff planning, including the 5-Year Strategic Plan
- Uphold CRCD’s mission & professionally represent the agency at assigned events
- Associate degree and/or 1-2 years’ experience or related work
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness and housing instability
- 2+ prior experience in providing career coaching/case management /job development services within workforce development, social service, or non-profit organizations
- Experience, comfort, and desire to work with various vulnerable populations such as re-entry, homeless, veterans, disabled, low-income, etc.
- Reliable, flexible team player who works well with minimal supervision, has a good work ethic, and can set and maintain personal boundaries
- Demonstrated knowledge of participant community resources & services
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance as required by law