Regional Data Coordinator
Department: Learning & Evaluation (L&E)
Reports to: Director of Learning & Evaluation
The Learning and Evaluation department supports CRCD’s mission of being a results-driven organization that provides high-quality programming. The Regional Data Coordinator will support both CRCD and partner agencies through the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP). The Regional Data Coordinator will serve as a leader and liaison among service providers in Service Planning Area (SPA) 6 Youth Coordinated Entry System (YCES) to improve programing and outcomes for homeless youth in the region. The Regional Data Coordinator will be involved in three core functions: 1) data collection and monitoring, 2) data analysis and reporting, 3) data development and inquiry support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Position roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Data Collection and monitoring
- Provide technical expertise and help support on HMIS/Clarity for CRCD and YHDP partner agencies.
- Manage development and facilitation of new hire onboarding and supplemental and/or refresher trainings on HMIS/Clarity for CRCD and YHDP partner agency program staff.
- Support with data quality monitoring in collaboration with partner agency lead data coordinators.
- Directly manage data quality and data migration for all CRCD program data to internal Salesforce system.
- Support in creating and use of data monitoring tools such as dashboards, flowcharts, presentation decks, etc.
Data analysis and reporting
- Coordinate and lead monthly collaboration meetings with YHDP partners in coordination with LAHSA support staff to provide data-based progress updates
- Oversee production of monthly outcome and performance indicator dashboards and weekly enrollment reports for CRCD and provide support to YHDP partner agencies as requested
- Oversee data quality and progress reporting for CRCD YDHP services in coordination with CRCD Data & Reporting Analyst
- Lead coordinating, developing, and producing periodic progress reports for all SPA6 & individual service agencies as needed. Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of shared data sets.
- Assist with developing data visualizations and presentations for internal and external audiences, including graphs, tables, dashboards, etc. drawing on programmatic and secondary data sources
Data development and inquiry support
- Work with internal and partner program leadership to identify appropriate and feasible indicators for program performance management. Identify and support in gathering data sources, calculating baseline, setting targets, and benchmarks aligned to grant requirements.
- Provide coaching to internal and partner program staff on understanding data reports and progress to goal
- Support programming to develop a cycle of improvement through data coaching
- 3-5 years’ experience or related work and/or bachelor’s degree
- Experience with homeless services, governmental grants, and nonprofit reporting requirements a plus
- Strong project management skills, professional written and verbal communication, and detail oriented.
- Understanding of designing, planning, conducting, and evaluating youth housing programming
- Experience navigating data management software. HMIS/Clarity or other case management software highly preferred
- Experience using data to support and drive programmatic decision-making and improvement
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Advanced use of Excel or other software to develop graphs and tables for multiple audiences. Experience using Tableau a plus.
- Excellent professional writing skills commensurate with reporting requirements of the position.
- Excellent social/interpersonal and communication skills enabling a friendly, customer service relationship with partner organizations. Comfortable with public speaking & leading meetings as a liaison between CRCD and partner orgs.
- Self-directed and capable of working to meet quick turnaround and deadlines independently
- Reliable transportation: valid driver’s license and car insurance as required by law